Monday, November 4, 2013

Pintrest...

I have to say, Pintrest is probably my least favorite social media venue. Mainly because there is not a lot of controls, the content is spotty, and its repetitive.

The problem with its content is this. Its user built and driven. Whats wrong with that, Tim, you might ask. because it is an outlet that is predominantly used by women (ok so thats unfair), in reality theres not a lot of attention to detail. If I were to put up a link of a rain barrel like this:


I would make sure like I have here to link the crediting source and to have some kind of a comment for this item...

However the problem that I have is that some of the time when i click on a link it I get this:


Where there is no link or amplifying information. Realistically its a large visual search tool but instead of drawing information into it people are posting things which to me seems to be the reason for its spotty information.

No comments:

Post a Comment